Two primary sources for information and instructional tools are available to course instructors at the UW.  The most critical tools, for grading, course evaluations, and class lists, are found in the MyUW system.  There is also a collection of resources on the UW website to support teaching and learning.


MyUW provides resources and online tools for UW staff, students, and faculty, including information for various roles and groups at the UW. MyUW resources for course instructors are accessed by selecting the Teaching tab from the list of tabs on the left side of the screen. Here you can see your courses organized by quarter. Each course entry will contain information about your course. There are also links on the right side of the screen for ordering textbooks, placing course reserves, and online tools such as Canvas, Poll Everywhere, GradPage, and Course Evaluations. GradePage is used to submit grades at the end of the quarter. Course Evaluations are normally set up by the department and you will recieve a notice via e-mail.

The Center for Teaching and Learning

The UW website also has a Teaching and Learning page, which provides information on teaching and learning seminars and workshops to help improve instruction and provide access to new technologies.  There are also links to campus resources for instructional support. The page also contains UW policies for faculty and students.

The College of the Environment

The College of the Environment has teaching resources for disability accommodation. This includes general policies and an example of a disability accommodation statement for syllabi. The sample statement should be included in any class syllabus created at the School of Environmental and Forest Sciences. Syllabi can be sent to Student Services for review or to make them available to prospective students.

SEFS Field Trips

The School of Environmental and Forest Sciences offers many courses that include field trips. There are some policies and procedures that apply to field trips, as well as a required field trip consent form. The field trip consent form must be signed by students attending field trips. The form should be taken on the field trip to provide for emergency contact information. It should be retained for the quarter, then delivered to Amanda Davis in AND 102 A for retention by the school. The policies can be found here and the form can be found here.

Additional Resources

Back to Top